To all those with tax questions, concerns, or troubles:

Businesses and individuals with tax issues face numerous challenges.

Everyone wants tax issues resolved in the most cost-effective manner, with a minimum of contact with the Internal Revenue Service, or, even more frighteningly, the Justice Department, should a case proceed in a criminal fashion.

To achieve the best results, you should ask your attorney, CPA, or tax advisor (no matter how labeled or credentialed) the following questions:

1. How regularly do you meet with officials at the IRS?
        a. Is your contact primarily in person or via telephone?
        b. Do the individuals at the IRS know you personally?

2. How often to you appear in court in civil tax matters?
        a. Describe the types of civil cases you have handled in court.
        b. Describe the types of courts you have appeared before, including the highest civil
            court before which you have represented clients.

3. Have you represented clients charged with tax crimes?
        a. If so, in which courts?
        b. Have you argued jury trials?
        c. Have you appeared before U.S. District Courts and U.S. Courts of Appeals in criminal
            tax matters?

Admittedly, most tax matters do not end up before a criminal or civil court. Most tax issues are resolved within the IRS itself. But wouldn't it be comforting to know that your case be handled, if need be, by someone who has more than just a nodding acquaintanceship with the legal system as it relates to tax cases?

And wouldn't it also be nice to know whatever you are doing within the IRS (or within some state or local taxing agency) couldn't be used against you later in a criminal tax proceeding?

I have successfully represented clients within the IRS before its audit, collection, and criminal divisions. I have also successfully represented clients before the Service's appellate divisions. I have pursued administrative remedies within the Service, including negotiating successful offers in compromise, abating penalties, and correcting preparer mistakes. On occasion, I have helped correct mistakes made by the IRS itself.

But what makes me truly different from most tax representatives is that I have represented clients charged with tax crimes in municipal, state, and federal courts. I have represented clients before these courts in civil matters as well. I have successfully represented clients in appeals from these courts and have argued cases before U.S. Courts of Appeals.

Hopefully your case will not require you to test my services to their limits, but isn't nice to know that, should the need arise, you will be represented by someone who's "been there before?"

Call me, Mark McBride, and ask me what I think of your case. You'll get my candid opinion as to the merits of your case and my recommendation as to how you should proceed. With my forty (40) years of legal and accounting experience, you can be sure that I'll have some opinions about your case.

Compare. Then decide.

Should you choose me to represent you, rest assured that you will get quality service, at a fair price, from an attorney who knows his way around the IRS, around state and municipal taxing authorities, and around the legal system. It simply makes sense to work with someone who has been there before.

Sincerely yours,

Mark R. McBride
Attorney at Law
Certified Public Accountant